12 Reasons to Support Health Care Reform
Our new health care law will have a profound impact on the health and economic well-being of American families, businesses, and the economy. Below are some of the key provisions of the new legislation. Click on each icon to read more!
The new health care law will:
- Ensure that all Americans have access to quality, affordable health care.
- Create a new, regulated marketplace where consumers can purchase affordable health care.
- Extend much needed relief to small businesses.
- Improve Medicare by helping seniors and people with disabilities afford their prescription drugs.
- Prohibit denials of coverage based on pre-existing conditions.
- Limit out-of-pocket costs so that Americans have security and peace of mind.
- Help young adults by requiring insurers to allow all dependents to remain on their parents plan until age 26.
- Expand Medicaid to millions of low-income Americans.
- Provide sliding-scale subsidies to make insurance premiums affordable.
- Hold insurance companies accountable for how our health care dollars are spent.
- Clamp down on insurance company abuses.
- Invest in preventive care.